Saturday, March 15, 2014

Listen and Obey




James 1:22 says "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

I was thinking this week how often I know what to do and choose not to do it. I'm not talking about the big things like the 10 commandments or other black and white issues that are clearly wrong to do. I am talking about when I feel in my heart that God is telling me to shovel my neighbors driveway or have a conversation with someone that I haven't talked to in a while. I was challenged with James when he says not to deceive ourselves with just listening to the word, but we need to step out and do what we know to do.

So what is it in your life that you know your are supposed to do today. Perhaps it is something that you have been putting off or told yourself that you'll do it another time. I want to challenge you that NOW is the time for action. Putting your faith into action could be the answer to someone's prayer today. Trust that when you step out and do what you know to do that God is with you and guiding you in your steps in life. He will give  you the strength and will to see it through

:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment