Monday, June 21, 2010

It is finished????

I was thinking today about the love of God and what he did for us. That got me thinking about the finished work of Jesus. (John 19:30) What does that mean when he says "It is finished"?

I don't know about you but my life is not complete. I have not arrived in to what I feel like I'm called to be, yet Jesus says that what he did for me is finished. What gives?????????????

What I can see, is that everything around us is telling us that the status quo is normal. That there is no point in being to crazy about life because it is only going to let you down anyway. This is the feel I get when talking with some of the people I work with and see on a regular basis.

Yet everything inside of me is saying that there has to be more to this life than just the everyday routine that will get me a whole bunch of the same tomorrow as it did yesterday.

Jesus said that He came to give us live and life more abundant. (John 10:10) That is the life that I want to experience and also what I feel is trying to come out on the inside of me. And I love to see that come out in others as well.

The question is then, How do we get it to come out? Or maybe a better question is, What is holding it back?

As we grow in the knowledge of Jesus and spend time in prayer with Him he will reveal the plans and dreams he has laid out for our lives. Jeremiah 29:11 says the God knows the plans He has for us. When we start to see more clearly who we are and who God made us to be we can then move ahead in faith knowing that this is what God has called us to do.

Sometimes it is that step of faith that holds us back. Not knowing where our feet will land when we step out. It is this step that must be taken in order to see change in our lives.

It is a journey that we are all on and I challenge you to spend time with Him today. Take the time to learn how God speaks to you. And then join the great journey as we work out our salvation. (Phil 2:12,13)

Mark V.

No comments:

Post a Comment