Monday, June 21, 2010

Thank You!!!!


Good day,

I've been doing some reading about Martyrs the last couple of days. When thinking about martyrs in the past, I would just think that this was something that they wanted to do and they felt great peace in doing it because they were choosing Jesus over life. I'm not sure why I thought that way. Maybe it was because I've never known anyone who became a martyr so it never hit home to me.

As I was reading, though, it hit me that these people were the same as me. They had great dreams for there lives, they wanted to get married, they wanted to be successful in life, etc. But they were willing to give it all that up to show the world that Jesus is real. This was very bold and must have been difficult for alot of people to do.

I then got thinking about our lives and the way we do things. Now, in North America, we are not at great risk of becoming martyrs because of the society that we live in. But when I think about the way we live our lives, I'm encouraged to see that so many Christians are willing to give up something for Jesus. Maybe it's not your whole life, but it's your time on a Sunday when you could be sleeping in or in the middle of the week when you volunteer somewhere to use the gifts the God has given you instead of hanging out with your friends. Or it's money that you could use for a new pair of shoes, but you choose to give it to the work of Jesus.

I am honored to be a part of a group of people that are willing to sacrifice for Jesus.

Thank you for all you do!!!!

You are truly blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment